Saturday 25 July 2015

Small buys from the past week

Just a little more than a week ago, I was as free as a bird. But now, I am running everywhere like a headless chicken! School has just started and some part-time gigs are also happening right now so I am up to my eyeballs in work. Maybe that's why I found myself in Sasa one day after work with the intention of only buying cotton pads, but walking out with a couple of other stuff. I blame the stress.


Mitsuki Oishi Vivi Model

I bought a small bottle of Coach Poppy Flower perfume, Mitsuki Oishi Lashes, LB Glam Khaki Gel Liner and Kate White Lash Maximiser.

I usually can't handle perfumes, they always make my nose itch. I am very sensitive to fragrance - shopping in Sephora makes my nose itch too. This Coach Poppy Flower perfume is a last minute buy, I was already at the counter paying when I spotted this. The salesgirl asked if I wanted a sniff and I thought why not. And when my nose did not react to this, I knew I HAD to get it. The scent is light, floral and a little citrusy. The downside is I suspect Coach may have discontinued this! If that's true, I may need to run down to Sasa and buy a couple more bottles. 

You may have noticed the lashes on the third role are slightly shorter. That's because I used the lashes yesterday! Let me explain about my eyes - I have small eyes with double eyelids that are half hidden so I can't use dramatic lashes. They are usually too huge for my eyes and will always look unnatural on me. The Mitsuki Oishi Lashes appealed to me because of it's shorter length and light natural looking lashes that starts from short to long towards the outer corner. These lashes have a thin band so they don't feel heavy, and they look natural on my small eyes while giving me a thicker layer of lashes.

As for the Kate White Lash Maximiser, I saw SekineRisa using this in her videos and it really plumped up her lashes. I tried it on and it works. My thin, sparse lashes became fuller and longer. Numerous coats of this Maximiser really lengthens the eyelashes. I was too excited and my eyelashes got a tad too long. :X

My last purchase is the LB Creamy Waterproof Gel Liner in Glam Khaki. I have a make-up artist friend who swears by this and so when I saw it, I grabbed one off the rack with zero hesitation. This gel liner comes in a bunch of colours - black, purple, blue and I think beige? Anyway, this gel liner is the BOMB. I have oily lids and my gel liner ALWAYS creases and transfers to the upper part of my eyelid. But this gel liner DOES NOT BUDGE. It's creamy and easy to apply, and its lasting power is phenomenal. I tried Clio Gel Liner and Etude House Play 101 Pencil, and I say LB wins them hands down in terms of lasting strength.

LB Waterproof and Creamy Eyeliner Glam Khaki Swatch

I swatched it on my wrist. The Glam Khaki looks almost black but softer and with green and gold sparkles. 


I splashed water on it and rubbed the swatch and it barely moved. This really lives to its name - Creamy & Waterproof. It's going to take me a fair bit of self-control not to dash to Sasa to pick up the other colours. 

Coach Poppy Flower - S$30 (Original Price: $75, got it at an offer)
Mitsuki Oishi Eyelashes - $12.90
Kate White Lash Maximiser - $20.50
LB Creamy Waterproof Gel Liner in Glam Khaki - $16.90

No comments:

Post a Comment